My new website is LIVE!
– Articles, Testimonials & Videomonials about working with fascia and my courses
– Course details of what you will learn and what will be covered in each class
– For participants – details on the venue and how to prepare for courses
– Easy and fluid registration
TIP 335 – ROM Hip Horizontal Abduction
Alternative Procedure – Perform Supine
This position is advatageous if there are problems with the hip lexors
|In most joints angular measurements lend themselves well for assessing the degrees of movement restriction. The degree of motion can often be gauged quickly or a goniometer can be employed to measure the degrees of motion more precisely.|
Sometimes other means of measurements come in handy, like in case of flexion of the spine, measuring distances can be quicker and easier.
Flexion of the spine practically is a combined movement of (cervical,) thoracic, lumbar spine and hip flexion.
It is much easier recorded as the distance between the fingers and the toes than it is in degrees as movement occurs in so many places.
Care has to be taken however to establish where the movement occurs!
In the case of multiple joint movement the end result of the movement may look desirable but closer inspection might show that the movement does not occur in the designated areas but rather that other areas compensate for the lack of movement by overstretching.
Getting back to that example of flexion of the spine short lumbar erectors might lead to overstretching in the upper thoracic area – the end result (being able to touch ones toes) might look fine but the flexion occurs in the wrong areas.
TIP 306 – ROM Shoulder Horizontal Flexion and Extension
TIP 325 – ROM Hip Lateral Rotation
Alternative Procedure 2
- Knee in 900 flexion
- Ask the client to bring the foot inwards for lateral rotation
- Start the motion for the client or tap against the outside of the heel to indicate which way to move
- Alternative procedure 2 does not lend itself well to AROM as the weight of the lower leg is moving away medially from the rotational axis it will contribute to increase the speed of rotation
- The medial rotators will then engage to decelerate lateral rotation
TIP 340 – AROM – Give clear directions which way to move
- Start the motion for the client, or
- Tap against the body part lateral heel to indicate which way to move
Alternative Procedure AROM
We are urgently looking for massage therapists to join our growing Wellington and Christchurch teams for On-Site Chair massage.
You will be:
– An independent contractor with an hourly rate
– Have good communication and ‘people’ skills
– Have personality and attitude
– Have a minimum 6 months NZQA massage qualification (or equivalent)
– Have your own transport
– Enjoy working with people in different workplace settings, and want to extend your massage skills, you will find this work rewarding and satisfying.
We offer training as well and don’t mind if you’re already doing chair massage with other companies.
If you are looking for something different to do while you’re building your massage clinic/business, we would love to hear from you!
On-site chair massage is a great way of not only getting clients to your own clinic, but fits in easily around your own life.
You don’t need experience with chair massage, but you need to be a qualified massage therapist (certificate or Diploma).
Perhaps you know of someone who might prefer this kind of job? Please pass on our number!
or e-mail: email@example.com
Aqualive Spa is busy helping clients to become healthier with colonics and infrared sauna sessions still being the best way to help the body to get rid of accumulated toxins.
These days we are all toxic waste sites and our treatments are the most advanced and natural ways to clean your body.
We pride ourselves to be the best detox spa in Christchurch and over the last few years have helped thousands of people on the path to wellness.
We are also happy to announce addition of all organic detox wraps and facials and sugar waxing as extension of our aim to reduce toxic load and provide alternatives to chemically loaded beauty services and products.
|Inka Krupa – Therapist|
Phone (03) 337 9702
- Adducting the arm from Anatomical Position will be quite limited by the torso
- To get full adduction the arm has to be brought into extension or flexion (better choice as more movement is possible)
Make sure there is enough distance from the wall to have even big clients stand there comfortably. Continue reading TIP 085 Observation – Hints for setting up your Plumb Line
When supporting the arm for resisted tests, always have your hand in a C shape so you can support the limb and they don’t have to concern themselves with stabilizing it. Continue reading TIP 016 Supporting arm in resisted tests
|If Hip Horizontal Extension is tested with the client seated, support the weight of the leg sufficiently.|
This way the client does not have to engage their hip flexors, hip abductors or adductors for that purpose Continue reading TIP 165 – ROM Hip Horizontal Extension Support